Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

The weekend was very relaxing. I slept until 9am on Saturday morning and then took a 1½ hour nap in the afternoon. Those of you who know me well know that is TOTALLY unheard of. I'm up at 5-6a everyday (including weekends) and don't go to bed until around 10p every night. I think I'm still tired from getting TOO much sleep although I don't think I could stay up past 10p. Lulu went with me to the lake and Tramp stayed home with Tim and Audrey. I was surprised that Lulu let me sleep until 9a since she's the early-bird at home. Of course, we've had two mornings at home now and she doesn't want to sleep in. She fits her nickname well, Monster! All I want to do is hit the dang snooze button, once or twice! Is that too much to ask?

Nothing special went on at the lake since it rained and was nasty all day on Saturday. Sunday was really nice in the late morning, but we tend to leave around 1p and that shaves off "fun time." It should be a good weather weekend for the 4th, so I'll get my much needed sun this weekend.

Did I share that I've started working out again? A group of gals have convinced me that I should do the half ironman that I was planning on. Nothing like three months to train. ARG! I think the first week back I had worked out more than I had in the previous three months. I ran last night with a new group of gals, SB2SB (Sports Bras to Sports Bars), they are fun. The only draw back is they think I-435 & State Line is TOO FAR south. I-435 is approximately 108th street and I live out on 152nd, so their idea of "midway" is way north for me. I won't be running too often with them, but that's OK, I can run at home. I've been going to a local park (Shawnee Mission) for my Tue & Thu PM workouts, running with a friend on Wed AM early and getting in a longer ride and a longer run on the weekends. Of course, I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks now and I'm POOPED! I hope I feel less tired sooner than later. I'd hate to have my whole training be done while I'm too tired to care. Maybe that will prove to be a good thing. I won't get as tired while I'm out there for 6-7 hours. YIKES!! Did I just say 6-7 hours? WHAT AM I THINKING OF DOING TO MYSELF???? I do have a short course triathlon on the 13th, an Olympic distance tri on the 20th and then there are two others that I'm contemplating whether to do both or just one of before the half iron in September. OK, I'm already tired just typing this.

In case I don't post anything else this week....HAVE A GREAT 4th OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!

No comments: