Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

More on the Adoption

OK, so it's been over a month since I posted anything!

We had our call with our agent on May 8th.  That went very well.  Since I already had a profile started I had asked another friend, who is a social worker, to give it a gander and let me know what to change, add, omit.  She did.  I worked on it and sent a rough draft to our agent on May 10th and had another phone call with her about it.  Well, I sent the wrong draft, so I sent it again then worked on it some more based on suggestion our agent made, went to the UP$ Store, had six copies printed and sent her one for her records on May 15th.  SHE LOVED IT!  I will say, it did turn out well.  Now in "the pool" we are for sure.  We were in the pool as soon as she got our home study which was also May 10th, but this just made it more official.

Fast forward to June 7th.....We were at the lake with little to no cell service and no access to email.  I turn my phone on half way home on Sunday to see that I have one text from Teri to check my email.  I check my email and there are two birth mom profiles for Tim and I to look over.  We mull them over with Lena (after all this will be her baby brother or sister) and decide we like one birth mom over the other, but that we would submit for both.  One birth mom lives in Florida and has a 3 year old son with the same father as her unborn baby girl.  Both parents are 22 and their big request was to allow their son (who currently lives with her mother) to have a relationship with the unborn child.  OK, not sure what she's looking for with that.  The other birth mom lives in Nevada.  She's 17, so is the father.  She's having a boy.  She's not getting the prenatal care that she should and on paper doesn't look that attractive of a situation.  So, our profiles must be in the hands of each of their agencies by June 11th.  They are.

On June 12th we get a call from our agent, Teri, telling us that the birth mom in Nevada wanted to ask us two questions.  1) What is our favorite movie and 2) What is our favorite song.  Now, she wants to know each of ours.  I thought it was a strange question, Tim thought it was a good question.  I had Teri and Lena on my side.  LOL!  We answer and leave it at that.  June 14th Tim and I are shopping at Costco for Lena's going back to Germany party when Teri calls to let us know that the Nevada birth mom has chosen us.  YEAH!  OH CRAP!  WHAT THE HECK!  Yes, all of that was going through our minds.

Anyway, we have spoken with the birth mom's agency, our agent and received contracts.  We are mulling over the contracts and have some questions and an amendment into the birth mom's agency.  Unfortunately, her agent doesn't work on Thursday's, so we will have to wait to hear until tomorrow.  IF we can all agree on our change and we can get the most recent medical records then we will sign and we will have a baby on the way.

Fingers crossed.  I'll keep you updated.

No comments: