Tim and I have begun the adoption process for an infant, either gender, or twins domestically. We met with an agency in March 2012, but decided to hold off of beginning since Lena was coming to live with us, we were going to Disney over Christmas and then I was off to Disney again in January for my race. Our reasoning was that the route we are going to take could be as quickly as three months to match and we didn't want Lena to arrive and then have a baby a month later and we were NOT taking an infant to Disney World.
The plan was to get signed on with Adoption and Beyond in October 2012, put together our home study packet, get it turned into them, have our home visit, get the home study back and turn it into our referral agency, A Step Ahead, by mid-January. WELL, we got signed on with AB in October, but putting together our home study information took longer than we had hoped with all of our distractions. We finally got it all turned in on April 5th had our home visit/interviews on April 11 and we are currently waiting for the notarized copy to be sent to us.
April 26th we signed on with ASA and we will have our first meeting with our consultant tonight. Our consultant, Teri, is based in North Carolina, so I'm hoping it will all work out well. ASA is a referral service. This means that they work with many agencies all over the country to help birth parents find loving home for the children they have chosen adoption for. Since they work with so many agencies the process to match can take anywhere from 1 week to 3 months. I need to get a clearer definition of what "match" means. I had asked a year ago, but the gal that answered wasn't really clear. She made it seem that match was baby in arms, but I think it's being matched with a birth mom.
From April 2011 to now our profile has been with an adoption attorney with no results. I feel confidant that the route we are pursuing now will have a great result. We'll keep you posted.


No comments:
Post a Comment