Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Insurance

We had a really big hail storm on the 3rd of April.  The whole storm only lasted about 30 minutes, but the hail at our house was HUGE!  Given the damage to some of our neighbors homes, we got pretty lucky.  Our roof was totalled, we lost the screen on our back door, we lost the grill cover plus the brand new grill is dented, we lost a plastic Adirondack chair, our A/C units were dented and we had damage to 5 window trims and Tim's car.  A lot of our neighbors lost windows on top of all the rest.  Of course, my plants look like bugs attacked them.

I called the insurance company on the 4th and they said just call a roofer and get an estimate.  I called one company and left a message and then called another company who answered their phone and got an appointment for the 6th.  I walked around the outside of the house when I got home that Monday and took pictures of everything damaged.  We had another roofer come out on the 16th after we found out that we needed an adjuster to come out first.  Apparently everything the local insurance ageny told us was incorrect.

Hail in my hand











Screen door














Hail piled in the corner











One of the A/C Units











We have now have an adjuster coming out tomorrow to probably tell us the exact opposite that both roofing companies told us.  Supposedly our roof is totalled.  We have a cedar shake roof and we want to replace it with a composition roof and the HOA President (who is a bully) says that triple laminate would be the same cost as replacing the cedar shakes.  NOT!   The double laminate is.  I'm going to call him on it and tell him that he can pay the difference since he bullied everyone (the other HOA members) into voting the way HE wanted it.

Anyway, we'll let you know how it goes.  Oh yeah, I didn't I mention that I'm now on our HOA Board?  I am.  I'm beginning to regret it and it's been one month.  Also, this new blogger "editor/publlisher" is annoying me.

No comments: