This is the view we woke up to on Friday morning in Oregon before the day. What a GORGEOUS day!

We spent Thursday night at Tim's bosses house, jealous that they get to wake up to that view
EVERY day, and their landscaping in awesome. Here is the pond and the pond art.
LOVE the art!


The start of the race is near the top of Mt Hood at The Timberline Lodge. What a place! It is rustic and awesome. The outside of the hotel is the backdrop for a famous movie. Do you know which one? Can you recognize it? Maybe the second picture will jog your memory. Yep, you got it, The Shin!ng with Jack N!cholson.
Here is just a sampling of the views we saw on the way up and down the mountain.




The Hood To Coast Relay is all about fun, of course, and the challenge to make it 197 miles with a smile on your face and the willingness to do it again. I would
LOVE to despite the 1 hour of sleep I got in2 days. Teams decorate their vehicles, all out!
This is The Hillbillies team van.
One of many signs on a particular van that I liked. I got a chuckle out of it later in the relay.
This is Marshall fondling one of the "girls" on another team.

As you can see, fun was had with many spectacular views along the way.
1 comment:
Hey April,
I'm terribly disappointed.....I thought I was going to get to nag you about not updating your blog because I've been DYING to read the details about this race, but I can't because you beat me to the punch! But still, I loved reading about your race - you guys did TERRIFIC!!! Congratulations! What amazing pictures and memories!!!
Jackie
Post a Comment