Sunday, July 29, 2007
What have I been doing?
Well, to pass the time I've been trying to keep busy. I've been training all summer for a half ironman (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run) by going to a local park to swim, bike & run plus doing longer rides (20-40 miles) with friends. I've done one duathlon, one sprint triathlon and one Olympic distance triathon. The Olympic distance practically killed me (not really, but it seemed like it), so I decided to push the half ironman back a year, pass on doing one last tri for the summer and concentrate on my marathon the end of October. I will be doing the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 28, so I'm starting my long runs this coming weekend. I also have been passing the time by going to my parents new lake house at Lake of The Ozarks. The house turned out really well and I enjoy spending what little time I have free there. Tim has also been training for triathlons and still has 1 or 2 more left before he does his marathon on October 21, 2007. He'll be pacing the 3 hour 30 minute finishers at the Kansas City Marathon. He hasn't started training for the marathon since he'll be running over 30 minutes slower than his normal marathon pace. He'll need to run a couple of long runs and should be fine. Makes you sick doesn't it? I need the whole runway (3 months) to train and attempt to beat my best time and he can do two long runs and bust out a 3:30 or better. ARG!! LOL!! My next three months are all about running then I don't know what I'll do to keep my mind off the 12-15 month wait for a referral.

